NCAA/NACWAA Institute for Administrative Advancement
The NCAA/NACWAA Institute for Administrative Advancement (IAA) is the premier "level one" leadership development program for women in intercollegiate athletics administration. An engaging faculty--including leaders representing all NCAA divisions and pioneers in women's athletics--prepare, empower and inspire participants to become successful administrators and advance within the profession.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Current NACWAA member
- At least three years of full time intercollegiate athletics administration experience
- Currently working in athletics or desires to move into athletics administration
Able to attend the entire week of the Institute
- Provide education and information on the History of Women's Athletics and Title IX
- Prepare female athletics administrators to manage issues currently facing intercollegiate athletics administrators
- Improve leadership and management skills
Enhance self-awareness and personal brand development
Applications for 2015 open on Monday, February 2. Dates for NCAA/NACWAA IAA West are May 27 - May 31, 2015; NCAA/NACWAA IAA East are June 22-26, 2015. Applications are reviewed by the NACWAA Education & Professional Development Committee and selections are made based on ensuring diversity in age, administrative duties, division and ethnicity. Forty participants are selected to attend each NCAA/NACWAA IAA location (total of 80).
Tuition fees are $500 per participant and cover all registration fees, lodging and meal expenses. (Travel is NOT included.)
ABOUT THE INSTITUTES
NCAA/NACWAA IAA has been described as an empowering experience that provides the tools to enhance participants’ marketability, professional status and knowledge. Formerly NACWAA/HERS, the institutes celebrates their 20th year in 2014. View the complete list of graduates.
Seventy-nine women participated in the 2014 NCAA/NACWAA IAA.
- West 2014: May 28-June 1 in Denver (Inverness Hotel & Conference Center)
- East: June 23-27 in Atlanta (Dolce Atlanta Peachtree Hotel)