NCAA/NACWAA Institute for Administrative Advancement
The NCAA/NACWAA Institute for Administrative Advancement (IAA) is the premier "level one" leadership development program for women in intercollegiate athletics administration. An engaging faculty--including leaders representing all NCAA divisions and pioneers in women's athletics--prepare, empower and inspire participants to become successful administrators and advance within the profession.
- Provide education and information on the History of Women's Athletics and Title IX
- Prepare female athletics administrators to manage issues currently facing intercollegiate athletics administrators
- Improve leadership skills
- Develop management skills
- Enhance self-actualization and awareness
The 2013 NCAA/NACWAA Institute for Administrative Advancement will be held in both Denver (May 29-June 2) and Atlanta (June 24-28). Applications are reviewed by the NACWAA Education & Professional Development Committee and selections are made based on ensuring diversity in age, administrative duties, division and ethnicity. All applicants will be notified regarding their standing at the completion of the selection process, no later than Friday, March 29. NOTE: 40 participants are selected to attend each NCAA/NACWAA IAA location (total of 80).
- Current NACWAA member
- At least three years of intercollegiate athletics administration experience (may be as a coach with administrative duties)
- Demonstrate commitment to develop professionally in intercollegiate athletics administration
Tuition fees are $500 per participant and cover all registration fees, lodging and meal expenses.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTES
NCAA/NACWAA IAA has been described as an empowering experience that provides the tools to enhance participants’ marketability, professional status and knowledge. Formerly NACWAA/HERS, the institutes will celebrate their 19th year in 2013. View the complete list of graduates.
Seventy-nine women participated in the 2012 NCAA/NACWAA IAA:
- West: May 29-June 2 in Denver (Inverness Hotel & Conference Center)
- East: June 3-7 in Atlanta (Dolce Atlanta Peachtree Hotel)