NCAA/NACWAA Institute for Administrative Advancement
The NCAA/NACWAA Institute for Administrative Advancement (IAA) is the premier "level one" leadership development program for women in intercollegiate athletics administration. An engaging faculty--including leaders representing all NCAA divisions and pioneers in women's athletics--prepare, empower and inspire participants to become successful administrators and advance within the profession.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Current NACWAA member
- At least three years of full time intercollegiate athletics administration experience
- Currently working in athletics or desires to move into athletics administration
Able to attend the entire week of the Institute
- Provide education and information on the History of Women's Athletics and Title IX
- Prepare female athletics administrators to manage issues currently facing intercollegiate athletics administrators
- Improve leadership and management skills
Enhance self-actualization and awareness
Applications are closed for 2014. Dates for NCAA/NACWAA IAA West are May 28 - June 1, 2014; NCAA/NACWAA IAA East are June 23-27, 2014. Applications are reviewed by the NACWAA Education & Professional Development Committee and selections are made based on ensuring diversity in age, administrative duties, division and ethnicity. Applicants will be notified of their selection status no later than March 28. Forty participants are selected to attend each NCAA/NACWAA IAA location (total of 80).
Tuition fees are $500 per participant and cover all registration fees, lodging and meal expenses. (Travel is NOT included.)
ABOUT THE INSTITUTES
NCAA/NACWAA IAA has been described as an empowering experience that provides the tools to enhance participants’ marketability, professional status and knowledge. Formerly NACWAA/HERS, the institutes will celebrate their 20th year in 2014. View the complete list of graduates.
Eighty women participated in the 2013 NCAA/NACWAA IAA:
- West: May 29-June 2 in Denver (Inverness Hotel & Conference Center)
- East: June 24-28 in Atlanta (Dolce Atlanta Peachtree Hotel)