NCAA/NACWAA Institute for Administrative Advancement
The NCAA/NACWAA Institute for Administrative Advancement (IAA) is the premier "level one" leadership development program for women in intercollegiate athletics administration. An engaging faculty--including leaders representing all NCAA divisions and pioneers in women's athletics--prepare, empower and inspire participants to become successful administrators and advance within the profession.
- Provide education and information on the History of Women's Athletics and Title IX
- Prepare female athletics administrators to manage issues currently facing intercollegiate athletics administrators
- Improve leadership skills
- Develop management skills
- Enhance self-actualization and awareness
Applications for 2014 Institutes will be available in February. Dates for NCAA/NACWAA IAA West are May 28 - June 1, 2014 and for NCAA/NACWAA IAA East are June 23-27, 2014. Applications are reviewed by the NACWAA Education & Professional Development Committee and selections are made based on ensuring diversity in age, administrative duties, division and ethnicity. NOTE: 40 participants are selected to attend each NCAA/NACWAA IAA location (total of 80).
- Current NACWAA member
- At least three years of intercollegiate athletics administration experience (may be as a coach with administrative duties)
- Demonstrate commitment to develop professionally in intercollegiate athletics administration
Tuition fees are $500 per participant and cover all registration fees, lodging and meal expenses.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTES
NCAA/NACWAA IAA has been described as an empowering experience that provides the tools to enhance participants’ marketability, professional status and knowledge. Formerly NACWAA/HERS, the institutes will celebrate their 20th year in 2014. View the complete list of graduates.
Eighty women participated in the 2013 NCAA/NACWAA IAA:
- West: May 29-June 2 in Denver (Inverness Hotel & Conference Center)
- East: June 24-28 in Atlanta (Dolce Atlanta Peachtree Hotel)