Interested in posting a Job? Click Here.
Job Location: Berkeley, CA
Date(s) Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2016 to Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
Salary Range: commensurate with experience
The Athletic Trainer will work with Intercollegiate Athletic teams as assigned. He/she will work in collaboration with staff, coaches, the Head Athletic Trainer, and team physicians to assist in the direct provision of injury evaluation, athletic training, and rehabilitation services for student-athletes.
Daily operations for the athletic training room as listed above and the following:
- Sport team responsibilities/assignments as specified by Head Athletic Trainer communication with coaches and student athletes of assigned teams.
- Coordinating with physicians/medical personnel on care of student-athletes.
- Injury reporting, documentation, and maintenance of medical charts.
- Taking inventory, ordering, and restocking clinical and clerical supplies.
- Ensuring safety of patients and staff through enforcement of safety procedures.
- Appropriate training in, and adherence to, regulatory requirements (e.g. blood-borne pathogen training and prevention, annual TB testing and other health screening requirements).
- Maintenance and upkeep of the athletic training room and other sites as designated.
- Continued education in sports medicine and maintaining good standing with N.A.T.A Board of Certification.
- Other duties as specified by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Certification and good standing with the National Athletic Trainer’s Board of Certification (or eligibility for certification at the time of employment).
- Bachelor’s degree; experience as a student or undergraduate Intern Athletic Trainer in competitive athletic environment.
- Sensitivity to student-athlete issues.
- Proven ability to meet multiple demands in a high-volume, fast-paced clinical environment.
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required for working with a diverse group of patients, clinical staff, managers, and visitors.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion handling sensitive matters involving patients.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of word processing programs.
- Ability to work with and in a diverse environment.
- Comfort working in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Master’s degree (or significant progress toward degree) in related field.
- Additional related education and training.
- Additional experience as a certified athletic trainer in competitive athletics at the professional and/or Olympic level.
- Experience with advanced manual therapy skills applicable to orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Knowledge of clinical information/ appointment systems.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking an Athletic Trainer who will work within the department’s Sports Medicine unit.
Job Application Instructions
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Apply online at http://jobs.berkeley.edu, indicating job #22494. Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application.