Interested in posting a Job? Click Here.
Job Location: Stanford, CA
Date(s) Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 to Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience
Reporting to the Assistant Athletics Director, Engagement, the Stewardship Officer will join a development unit focused on providing highly personalized donor correspondence and gift acknowledgments, narrative reports, and content for annual reports.
JOB PURPOSE: Manage stewardship programs designed to communicate with the university's donors. Create and implement customized and comprehensive stewardship plans.
- Participate in defining the stewardship strategy in adherence to the university's stewardship standards.
- Develop and implement programs that provide comprehensive reporting to donors.
- Responsible for the allocation of resources for stewardship reporting, the gift acknowledgment process, and stewardship requests.
- Proactively monitor and manage the stewardship needs of donors. Build a complete understanding of each donor's involvement and giving activity.
- Coordinate with staff and development officers to develop and produce key stewardship deliverables, including written (hard copy, email or online content), video, or events. This should include content that will be of specific interest to DAPER’s donors.
- Inform and motivate prospective donors about opportunities to support Stanford.
- Steward existing donors by reporting on and writing about the impact of their gifts.
- Maintain open channels of communications with stewardship colleagues across the university.
- Develop tracking methods for reporting of the team's overall productivity.
- * Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Previous Stanford stewardship experience is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong client service orientation and attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write and edit high-level correspondence.
- Previous development writing experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and professionalism to interact with a wide range of people at different levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities, with competing deadlines.
- Must be able to conduct research and ability to interpret information available in a database.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Tact, discretion, and experience handling confidential information.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and database applications.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated sound judgment in situations requiring independent decision-making and in handling confidential and sensitive material.
- As a member of the DAPER Development team, every staff person plays a role in providing the university’s donors with the service and attention that ensures an exceptionally positive and fulfilling philanthropic experience.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, stand/walk, sit, use a telephone.
- Occasionally light/fine grasping, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, writing by hand.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Non-commercial Class Driver's license.
- * - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May require working flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- When conducting university business, must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University driving requirements.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you an experienced and detail-oriented individual who loves college athletics? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment? Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is seeking a Stewardship Officer to join the development team to manage stewardship programs.
Job Application Instructions
Please submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position. Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Apply online at stanfordcareers.stanford.edu. Job #73593.