Interested in posting a Job? Click Here.
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Date(s) Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 to Saturday, February 18, 2017
Preferred Education: Master's Degree
Salary Range: DOE
- Develop a quality Division II schedule which will meet Conference requirements, provide competitive opportunities for SPU volleyball players, meet institutional schedule criteria and contribute to achieving the goal of participating in NCAA Division II postseason playoffs.
- Plan and supervise practices and provide game coaching in a manner that will promote team excellence, individual growth and development and team unity.
- Recruit quality student-athletes who possess extraordinary volleyball skills and personal beliefs and standards that are compatible with the mission of Seattle Pacific University.
- Plan and administer the women's volleyball budget.
- Conform to and is knowledgeable of all NCAA, GNAC conference, and SPU rules, regulations and policies, and exhibits proficiency through a passing score on the NCAA coach's examination.
- Arrange for and manage all aspects of team travel, and the purchases of supplies and equipment for volleyball program.
- Maximize the abilities of assistant coaches and develop a strong coaching staff through effective organization and planning.
- Create an enthusiastic following and support among SPU faculty, students, staff, and alumni.
- Develop positive, constructive personal relationships with players in order to provide guidance and spiritual nurture.
- Participate fully in the activities of the Falcon Club.
- Responsible for fund raising and promotions for the volleyball program.
- Support the fund raising and promotional efforts of the Athletic Department.
- Monitor student-athletes academic standing to insure that each one is making normal progress in a declared major toward a degree.
- Bachelors degree in athletics, related field or equivalent.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in coaching volleyball.
- The knowledge and technical skills necessary to accomplish the assigned task.
- A maturing and contagious Christian faith.
- Knowledge of and the willingness to actively support the Christian mission of the University and accept the life-style standards of the Christian Community.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coaches, athletes, students, faculty, administration and the community.
- A Master's degree and/or head coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
Job Application Instructions
To apply, click here to fill out the online application. Please also include a cover letter and resume.